About Rwanda and Tanzania Safari
Arrival Kigali Airport (KGL) / Night in Kigali
Upon arrival at Kigali International Airport, KGL, you will be met and transfer to hotel in Kigali for overnight.
Transfer to Volcanoes Park
After breakfast, we drive to Volcanoes Parc on a lovely 2.5 hour drive through winding roads to Ruhengeri area the second largest town in Rwanda, with its stunning backdrop of the five volcanic mountains – The virungas. Lunch en-route or at the paRk.On our way to the Parc, we can visit the memorial genocide.
Mountain Gorilla View Lodge is not at status of Premier, but, to upgrade to a premier accommodation, that would be quite expensive there, and you will be looking at an extra of $650/person/night for stay at Sabyinyo Silverback Lodge. Please let us know well in advance if you want to make a switch there.
Volcanoes Park / Kigali
Morning breakfast at the hotel then transfer to the park headquarters for a briefing before starting the gorilla trek through the Bamboo Forests. The amount of time taken to find the gorillas is about 2-6 hours. The viewing takes another one hour before returning to the lodge for lunch. Later you will be transferred to Kigali and check into your hotel.
Flight from Kigali (KGL) / Kilimanjaro (JRO) / Tarangire Park
Transfer to KGL airport for a 9:30AM flight to JRO, arriving at JRO airport at 12:10PM; met upon arrival and have a quick stop at Airport Planet Lodge for lunch boxes on our way to Tarangire Park for late afternoon game drive safari.
Another game drive safari in Tarangire; then later in the day we drive to overnight on the crater rim.
Estimated driving distance: 2.5hrs drive
Activities: Game drives
Ngorongoro / Serengeti
Descend into Ngorongoro Crater for game drives in the Crater, exploring the short-grass plains of the crater floor. This extinct volcano embraces 100sq miles alive with lion, leopard, rhino, elephant, buffalo, and many more games. Later in the day we drive to overnight in Serengeti.
After breakfast, we will drive to Seronera and spend the next two days enjoying game drives in the Serengeti exploring the rolling plains of Serengeti National Park in search of the large predators and the gentle herbivores, on which they feed.
Serengeti (South / North or West)
Game drives safari in the Serengeti exploring the rolling plains of SerengetiNational Park in search of the large predators and the gentle herbivores, on which they feed,
Serengeti / Lake Manyara
After breakfast, we will have another game drive in Serengeti, and then drive to overnight in LakeManyarawith an optional visit to a MasaiVillage ($60/vehicle), and optional visit of Olduvai Gorge ($20/person).
Lake Manyara (Safari or Cultural tour)/ Arusha (Shower)/ Kilimanjaro / Departure
Morning game drive safari in LakeManyaraPark. The park is home to colorful birds, elephants, zebras, giraffe, hippos’ antelopes, and other animals.
|Accomodation Level||Prices per person ~ double occupancy||Single Room Supplement Fee|
|Premier||$ 6,650||$ 6,710||$ 550/person|
|Value Plus||$ 6,160||$ 6,220||$ 430/person|
|Value||$ 5,650||$ 5,710||$ 390/person|
- Guarantee Price, Guarantee Departure
- PRIVATE SAFARI for 2 people
- Arrival and departure KGL/JRO Airport transfers
- Activities and meals as indicated (B=Breakfast, L=Lunch, D=Dinner)
- Accommodation as indicated (2 people sharing a double room with 1 or 2 separate beds. Please let us know your preference at the time of booking)
- Services of professional English-speaking driver-guide
- Game drives in Land Rover or Land Cruiser with pop-up or flip-flop roof tops and guarantee of a window seat
- Bottled water while on safari
- Unlimited mileage on the safari
- FLIGHT: Serengeti / JRO flight
- International airfare
- Items of a personal nature such as passport, visa, and traveler’s insurance
- Tips to driver-guide
More Options for Your safari (in Tanzania) that you can add
- A Masai Village visit for $60/vehicle
- Oludai Gorge Museum for $20pp, visa, and traveler’s insurance
- Night game drive in safari outside Tarangire (for staying at certain properties that offer such) for $45pp
- Walking safari at rim of Ngorongoro Crater for $60pp
- "Balloon safari in Tarangire for $520pp
- Off road" game drive permits in the Serengeti for at least $500/permit (one permit per person), plus other extras on park fees; and the permit is good for several days. However, this needs to be booked several months prior